RIP PHILANDO CASTILE. BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Just like if you’re driving on the road for a while and you get tired and need to take a break, sometimes the road of life needs breaks. Take breaks when you need to. Don’t tire yourself out to the brink of exhaustion. Take care of yourself first, because if you don’t, then you won’t be able to take care of others. Take time to enjoy the small things in life. Do something for yourself and enjoy it. Don’t take life seriously all the time, have fun when you can. Live life to the fullest, and make the most of it. It’s your life, live it. 😎
Mowing your yard can be a tedious and boring chore sometimes, especially if you have a push mower. Here are some tips that can help you and maybe make mowing a little more fun:
– Make sure you check the gasoline and occasionally the oil before you start mowing.
– Keep an at least half filled 2 1/2 gallon of gas near your mower. You don’t want to have to keep running to the gas station to fill up your mower every time, and it’s easier to carry around.
– Mow either early in the morning when it’s cooler or later in the afternoon. You don’t want the hot afternoon sun beating down on you.
– Whatever time you mow, drink plenty of water and take a break when you need to.
– Here’s a fun thing I do sometimes. When I mow, I sometimes pretend I’m Pac-Man and I’m getting the pellets which is the tall grass and the dandelions are the ghost or pretend I’m mowing down zombies with my super awesome zombie mower. I also sometimes mow in patterns which breaks up the yard and makes it seem like it’s smaller.
– Always, always, always wear close toe shoes when mowing. Please don’t mow in your bare feet or sandals. One of my relatives lost 2 toes because of a lawn mower and bare feet.
– Last but not least, pick up all toys/rocks/wood in your yard. If your mower runs over them, not only can they damage your mower, but they can also become projectiles which can injure/kill people and/or pets and/or damage vehicles and/or other property.
Some people wear goggles and/or ear protection while mowing. That is a personal safety choice. It’s up to you to be safe while doing yard work. Be safe, be aware, stay hydrated and try to have a little fun while mowing.
One of the simple things in life I love are thunderstorms. I don’t mean the extreme severe storms that cause major damage, but the ones you see pop up in the summer or you see on a clear day coming in from the west. I love seeing the dark clouds and hearing the thunder in the distance, and if it’s night seeing the lightning through the curtains and hearing the pouring rain. It also has the added benefit of watering my garden so I don’t have to. I do get kind of sad when the storms end and I see the lightning in the distance in the east. But living in the south, I know that usually storms are not far away. It’s the simple things in life that matter.
My wife, kids and I were going to Atlanta on I-20 not too long ago, and we saw this awesome bike on this trailer.
Needless to say, I was very jealous. Haha!